Employment at The Ark
The Ark Church greatly values its employees and provides a fun, Christ-centered, fast-paced work environment. To accomplish our mission of connecting people to Christ and equipping them for growth and ministry, The Ark Church is committed to employing the most talented and qualified individuals for each position.
To apply for any of our job opportunities, please send your resume and reference information to (only complete submissions will be considered). Please include the position name for which you are applying in the email subject line. No phone calls, please.
IT Support Specialist
The Ark Church is looking for a passionate, quick-learning, self-motivated and ministry-minded individual to join our IT Team. As the IT Support Specialist, you will be the first line of support for the technology used by our staff, volunteers and attendees. You’ll be a part of a team that works hard and fast to provide a high level of customer service and technical expertise. Working for The Ark is more than a job, it’s a calling!
- Responding to support tickets in a friendly, effective & timely fashion
- Troubleshooting diverse hardware and software issues
- Proactively researching the internet for answers to your growing list of questions
- Rapidly tracking every task that crosses your desk
- Working with our other more experienced team members to pull back the curtain of the internet and gaze upon its face
- Getting tied up in the wild schemes and projects your manager insists have something to do with IT
- Using your skills as an organized problem-solver
- Installing, maintaining and updating all IT equipment, large and small
- Other duties as assigned
- Consistent, friendly and efficient IT Support to staff and volunteers.
- Deliver necessary training to end-users on technology as needed
- Create Great Environments by constantly looking to improve IT support and processes
- Familiarity with all major device operating systems (Mac, iOS, Windows, Android)
- Troubleshoot issues via our helpdesk systems and maintains updated status on tickets
- Performs scheduled maintenance and updates to computers, peripherals, and network equipment as needed
- Responsible for keeping all devices in an efficient and functional state
- Maintains the inventory of all hardware and consumables used
- Works with IT Team on purchases, proposed improvements and changes as needed
- Familiarity with modern computer operating systems (Mac, Windows, Server OS’s)
- Knowledge in mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Basic experience in computer software and hardware maintenance
- General understanding and proficiency of network technologies and processes
- Ability to be a self-starter with a coachable attitude, a drive to grow, learn and adapt to changing technologies
- Have strong & effective time and task management skills
- Heart and calling for using technology to reach people for Christ
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical end-users at all levels of the organization
- Experience in supporting end-users in a small-business or corporate environment
Hours: Full Time
9 am - 5 pm Monday & Thursday
9 am - 8:00 pm Tuesday
11 am - 8:30 pm - Wednesday
7 am - 1 pm Sunday
Other hours as assigned for special projects and approved for by the direct report.
We value our staff and our staff value their role and the impact they make in transforming lives for Jesus. We place great importance on who we are as well as what we do.
If you meet the requirements below please submit your cover letter, resume and list of references to .
Volunteer Administrative Assistant
We are seeking a Volunteer Administrative Assistant who has strong communication skills, who is detail-oriented and organized, self-motivated, and has the ability to work independently. This person will need to work well with a team, have excellent people skills, the ability to multitask, with strong written skills. You must be a fast learner, goal-oriented with strong computer skills.
Ideal Personality Traits:
Outgoing, dependable, energetic, sense of humor, strong work ethic, positive, professional, attention to detail, passionate to get people connected in the church, motivator, enjoys working, customer service oriented.
Getting people “on fire” to serve to Lord! Motivating people to become and stay connected, sharing the vision of a Servant’s Heart and how it impacts the church.
- Manage departmental budget (using Excel) by tracking expenses, reimbursements, and vendor payments
- Review and process (handle vetting) volunteer applications
- Make calls to potential volunteers and help them get connected
- Assist with all projects that involve volunteers
- Assist with all Volunteer Ministry communication
- Manage volunteers for Volunteer Central for Wednesday and Sunday services
- Update Rock and Serve databases
- Become an expert in the software that manages our volunteers and attendees
- Assist with daily tasks
- Run weekly reports
- Other duties as assigned
Schedule: 40 hours/week, Sunday - Thursday
Live Video Director / Producer / Systems Technician
We are seeking an experienced Live Video Director / Producer / Systems Technician who has a passion for participating in planning, set-up, operation and maintenance of audio, video, and lighting equipment for worship services, conferences, and special events. Working under the Technical Director to bring excellence, execution, and leadership to the Production Department.
This position will have a strong emphasis on Live Video Directing / Producing and provide an incredible opportunity to grow, refine, and/or develop new skills. We are looking for a self-initiating, motivated, problem-solving action-oriented person. Organization and administration are a must with the flexibility to both lead and follow, respond quickly and efficiently to on-call situations, and be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in directing live video in a worship service
- Experience in A/V/L equipment setup, installation, and operation
- Able to demonstrate high proficiency with Ross Video Switchers and DashBoard
- Vectorworks/Illustrator/Google SketchUp - experience is a plus
- Knowledge of corporate event production, schedules, and workload
- Knowledge of various professional/broadcast video equipment
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Possess a willingness to serve
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining deadlines
- An effective troubleshooter with a cool head
- Dependable, self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative
- Strong in training and building up volunteers
- Maintain A/V/L systems for all needed rooms and venues
- Setup, install, maintain and operate A/V/L systems equipment
- Knowledge of rigging, motors, and safety equipment
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Live Video Director for Main Auditorium
- Directing live video 50% - Installation/System Tech 50%
- Assist other ministries producing special events
- Provide expertise for video equipment purchases, installations, and outside events
Live Video Director:
- Direct live video for weekend worship services
- Attend pre-planning meetings and rehearsals
- Operate/produce live video for rehearsals, services, and special events
INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, AND SERVICE OF EQUIPMENT:
- Assist with planning and installation of A/V/L and structured cabling
- Provide routine maintenance for all video equipment
- Assist with routine maintenance of all A/V/L equipment
- Assist with design and construction of stage sets
- Knowledge of set design, construction, and safety
- May require evening and weekend work to support various events and functions
- Currently: Sunday and Wednesday worship services
Pay: Competitive Salary
- Based on experience and qualifications
AK Care Positions
Passion for: Creating a great environment for children that is loving, safe, and fun.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Provide your own transportation
- Able to care for children birth-5th grade
- Capable of lifting, bending, and playing on the floor
- Engaging with children through creative play, crafts, games, etc.
- General room set-up, clean-up, toy disinfecting, and occasional light laundry
- Other duties as assigned
Work Hours: Part-time hours vary and include some evenings/weekends as events occur and schedule requires.
**Childcare is unavailable for this position.
If you meet our requirements, please send your resume to .